1. On a scale of one to ten, how happy are you in your work?
2. Do you have a good work/life balance?
3. What three words would you use to describe our company work culture?
4. Do you think you’ll be able to reach your full potential here? Why?
5. Does your team support you to work to your full potential?
6. Do you understand the link between your work and the company’s overall strategy?
7. How often do you receive recognition for your work from a supervisor?
8. Do you think we provide a good service to our customers/clients? Why?
Micromanagement: The Employee Engagement Killer — Impraise Blog - Employee performance management, reviews and 360 feedback
So how do you avoid micromanagement?
1. Set clear expectations
2. Clearly communicate what accountability is
3. Clearly define a plan
Coaching Your Team: Tips For Managers — Impraise Blog - Employee performance management, reviews and 360 feedback
Listen: get to know the individual
Focus on people, not tasks
Feedback is key