viernes, 31 de julio de 2015

The 2015 Global Startup Ecosystem Ranking is live! - Compass

The 2015 Global Startup Ecosystem Ranking is live! - Compass



The rise of the startup ecosystems all around the world should also be seen in the context of the larger socioeconomic structural shift taking place. Information Era businesses have become the dominant source of economic growth, significantly automating or altering much of the industrial and service businesses of the previous economic era.

One of our main goals with this report is to help various stakeholders answer the following kinds of questions:
a) For Entrepreneurs: “Where should I start my new company?” “When I’m ready, where should I open up my startup’s second office?”
b) For Investors: “How can I find new startup investment opportunities around the world instead of simply settling for solely investing in my local startup ecosystem due to familiarity?” “Given the dearth of information out there about emerging startup ecosystems, how do I evaluate which ones I should focus on for finding new opportunities?”
c) For Policy Makers: “What initiatives should I prioritize in my startup ecosystem to maximize growth?” “How should I measure the progress of these initiatives?”
d) For All Stakeholders: “What is the best way to strengthen the overall vibrancy and entrepreneurial spirit in my ecosystem?”
III. Five Key Findings
1. Ecosystems have become more interconnected and startup teams have become more international
2. Exit Values
3. VC Investment Trends in Startup Ecosystems
4. Ecosystem Ranking Changes since 2012: Winners and Losers
5. Gender Equality amongst Startup Founders


No hay comentarios: