domingo, 28 de abril de 2013

How to Raise Money When You’re Not in a Major VC Market

If you don’t live in a major VC zone, I have some tips for how to make it easier to raise Venture Capital.
How to Raise Money When You’re Not in a Major VC Market

e.g:
“I live and work in Kansas City. I have the tremendous advantage of access to a hard-working, loyal and technical talent pool. So I want to stay here and build my business.
That said I want the best VCs in the industry and for that I know I need to be in a major VC hub.
So here’s the deal. I will commit to traveling to NYC seven times per year for board meetings. I’ll make your life easier because I know you travel all the time anyways and KC ins’t exactly on your normal path.
Heck. I need to be in NYC a lot anyways. All I would ask is that you hold 1-2 board meetings / year in KC.
You’re going to want to do that anyways to always kick the tires of the local team. Plus, we have some rocking bbq to make it worth your time.”

No hay comentarios: