En Zen Habits:
1. Always swallow your pride to say you’re sorry.
2. Possessions are worse than worthless — they’re harmful.
3. Slow down.
4. Goals aren’t as important as we think.
5. The moment is all there is.
6. When your child asks for your attention, always grant it.
7. Don’t go into debt.
8. I’m not cool, and I’m cool with that.
9. The only kind of marketing you need is an amazing product.
10. Never send an email or message that’s unfit for the eyes of the world.
11. You can’t motivate people.
12. If you find yourself swimming with all the other fish, go the other way.
13. You will miss a ton, but that’s OK.
14. Mistakes are the best way to learn.
15. Failures are the stepping stones to success.
16. Being a vegan/vegetarian is wonderful.
17. There are few joys that equal a good book, a good walk, a good hug, or a good friend.
18. Fitness doesn’t happen overnight.
19. The destination is just a tiny slice of the journey.
20. A good walk cures most problems.
21. Let go of expectations.
22. Giving is so much better than getting.
23. Competition is very rarely as useful as cooperation.
24. Gratitude is one of the best ways to find contentment.
25. Compassion for other living things is more important than pleasure.
26. Taste buds change.
28. Get some perspective.
29. Don’t sit too much.
30. Use the magic of compound interest.
31. All we are taught in schools, and all we see in the media (news, films, books, magazines, Internet) has a worldview that we’re meant to conform to.
32. Learn the art of empathy.
33. Do less.
34. No one knows what they’re doing as parents.
35. Love comes in many flavors.
36. Life is exceedingly brief.
37. Fear will try to stop you. Doubts will try to stop you.
38. I have a lot left to learn.