martes, 28 de junio de 2011

It is preoccupation with possession, more than anything else, that prevents men from living freely and nobly

Esta cita de Bertrand Russell abre la entrada de Zen Habits, "a simple strategy for simplifying"

There is almost nothing in my life that’s irreplaceable, other than people. Sure, I love books, but there are so many others out there in the library and thrift shops and friends’ homes that I will never miss the ones I give away. Sure, I would miss photographs if I lost them, but I put them all online now anyway, and more importantly, my life isn’t in the photos but is happening now. Sure, I would need a laptop and a few clothes if my house burned down, but those things are easily replaceable.
I’d miss my blog if I lost it, but not because of the lost words … I’d miss the readers.
And in the end, you learn that the people and the moment are all that matter. Everything else comes and goes.


‘As long as our civilization is essentially one of property, of fences, of exclusiveness, it will be mocked by delusions.’ ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bien podría haber abierto la entrada con el famoso simplify, simplify de H. D. Thoreau.

No hay comentarios: